UPSON INTERNATIONAL CORP. (UIC) is committed to protect your privacy and ensure that all personal information collected from you are processed according to the principles of transparency, legitimate purpose and proportionality pursuant to R.A. 10173 (Data Privacy Act of 2012). The Company values the confidentiality of personal information. Thus:
- We will ensure the security and confidentiality of any personal information you share with us;
- We will limit the collection and use of personal information to a minimum;
- We will permit only authorized personnel, who are knowledgeable in the handling of personal information, to have access to that personal information;
- We will not reveal personal information to any external organization unless required by law or is with prior consent or authorization of the data subject.
I. WHY WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA
UIC collects, uses, processes, stores, and retains personal information when reasonable and necessary to perform its business processes effectively, safely, and efficiently and in accordance with corporate policies.
II. WHAT WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We collect your personal information when you interact with our employees and authorized representatives through our various business units, branches, social media and other electronic channels. This may include, among others:
- Basic personal information like your name, date of birth, gender, marital status and citizenship including supporting documents such as government ID details;
- Your contact details like your home address, mobile and telephone numbers;
- Specimen signatures;
- Education, employment and business details;
- Images via CCTV and other similar recording devices which may be observed when visiting our offices and/or using our other facilities;
- Voice recordings of our conversations with you;
- Business interests, assets and credit information.
III. HOW WE COLLECT DATA FROM YOU
There are many ways that we get personal information from you such as when you fill out a form with us, when you give us a call, when you submit records and official documents, when we conduct background investigation in relation to a prospective business relationship with us, when you interact with us via social media and other electronic means.
IV. HOW WE MAY SHARE YOUR DATA
As a general rule, UIC does not and will not share personal information with third parties except as necessary for the proper execution of processes related to a declared purpose, or the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary, required or authorized by or under law.
Personal information shared with third parties shall be covered by the appropriate agreement to ensure that all personal information is adequately safeguarded.
UIC does not, will not, sell personal data to any third party. All our engagements with third parties shall be fully-compliant with our obligation of confidentiality imposed on us under applicable agreements and/or terms and conditions or any applicable laws that govern our relationship with you.
V. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
UIC strictly enforces data privacy and information security policies. It implements technological, organizational and physical security measures to protect your personal information against loss, misuse, modification, unauthorized or accidental access or disclosure, alteration or destruction. UIC put safeguards such as the following:
- We keep and protect information using a secured server behind a firewall, deploying encryption on computing devices and physical security controls;
- We restrict access to your personal data only to qualified and authorized personnel who hold your personal data with strict confidentiality;
- We train our employees to properly handle your personal information and;
- We require our third parties to protect personal information aligned with our own security standards.
VI. HOW DO WE STORE AND DISPOSE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
UIC stores personal information in a data center (on premise and cloud) and physical document storage facilities. In general, UIC shall only retain your personal information for 5 years after the processing relevant to the purpose has been terminated. However, UIC may retain your personal information when necessary to establish, exercise or defend legal claims, for legitimate business purposes, or when provided by law. Subject to applicable laws, rules and regulations, the data subject may request personal information to be deleted from the Company’s systems, databases and hard copies within a reasonable requested date.
VII. YOUR ROLE IN ENSURING THE COMPLETENESS, ACCURACY AND PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Data subjects are primarily responsible for ensuring that all personal information submitted to us are complete, accurate, true and correct. Data subjects should inform UIC immediately of any change of facts or circumstances which may render any information previously provided inaccurate, untrue, or incorrect and provide any information or documentation which are reasonably necessary for the purpose of verifying the accuracy of the updated information or personal data.
UIC takes reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information it collects, generates, uses, or discloses are complete, accurate, true and correct.
VIII. YOUR DATA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Under the Data Privacy Act, data subjects have the following rights:
- Right to be informed;
- Right to object;
- Right to access;
- Right to rectify or correct erroneous data;
- Right to erase or block;
- Right to secure data portability;
- Right to be indemnified for damages; and
- Right to file a complaint.
UIC’s decisions to provide access, consider requests for correction or erasure, and address objection to process data as it appears in our official records, are always subject to applicable relevant laws and/or the DPA, its IRR and other issuances of the National Privacy Commission.
IX. HOW YOU MAY CONTACT US
Should you have any inquiries, feedback, and/or complaints, you may reach the Data Protection Officer (DPO) through the following contact details:
Data Protection Officer
747 Romualdez Street, Ermita, Manila, Philippines
X. CHANGES TO OUR DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
UIC may amend this Data Privacy Notice to ensure that it is consistent with industry trends, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to how we handle your personal information. Relevant updates will be posted on this site.
By submitting your data to UIC, you signify that you have read and understood the above Privacy Notice and expressly consent to the collection, generation, use, processing, storage and retention of your personal and/or sensitive personal information in the manner and for the purpose provided in this Notice.
You also authorize UIC to disclose your data to accredited/affiliated third parties or independent/non-affiliated third parties, whether local or foreign, in the following circumstances:
- As necessary for the proper execution of processes related to the declared purpose;
- The use or disclosure is reasonably necessary, required or authorized by or under law; and
- Provided that adequate safeguards are employed to protect your data.
Consenting to this Privacy Notice, however, does not waive any of your rights under the Data Privacy Act of 2012.
For complete reference on the Data Privacy Act, please visit the National Privacy Commission website at https://www.privacy.gov.ph/.